Wednesday, March 5, 2014

20 weeks down, 20 to go!

The last few weeks I have been meaning to post a lot of recipes of what I have been eating, but you know how it goes... Procrastination has been my very dear friend this pregnancy. I have taken pictures and still plan on sharing... eventually.

Folks, I am halfway there! I am 20 weeks now! How time flies!  According to this pregnancy app I have, the baby is about 10 inches long and weighs about 8 1/2 ounces.  The last few weeks have been really neat because I have been able to feel her move. That is such an amazing feeling, I can't even describe it. But it's incredible and I am enjoying every movement she makes.

I have only gained 8 pounds so far this pregnancy, but I know I have lost a lot of muscle because I haven't been working out. Now that I am feeling better I am ready to get in shape! If only the weather would get its act together!  The other day I went online to find a website that would show me how my weight gain is going. When I put in my starting weight, it told me I started out this pregnancy obese. I just wanna say that is a load of crock! Overweight, yes, but obese? Who is in charge of making the guidelines for being at the right weight for your height? It is a sad day when wearing size medium shirts and large pants makes you obese.

Even at my skinniest (as an adult not an adolescent) I was considered overweight but I think I was looking pretty good. I have a lot of body fat for sure, but obese makes me think I am a lot bigger that I actually am. You can be the judge. I have pictures for you today. If I am obese than whatever, because I am happy with my body. I am feeling good.

I got some prenatal videos from the library and bought some maternity fitness clothes. I am starting off easy and will work my way up to a higher fitness level. For now my plan is to exercise 3 days a week, walking if the weather is nice and doing some prenatal videos if it isn't.  After that I would like to work out 5-6 days a week. I am hoping by next month I will be able to participate in 5ks again.

This morning I tried out a prenatal yoga dvd. It was mostly stretches, but it felt really good.  My body has been so mad at me lately for not keeping up with exercising.  These stretches will help me loosen up a bit.
The kids even joined in and it was really fun.



Have you been exercising? If not, you can always start today! We all have our ups and downs. Nobody is perfect, I can attest to that. But I am ready to get back in the game! I am ready to be healthier. Being healthy makes me happy!

-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment