Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Where Do You Get Your Motivation to Workout?

Hey guys. Me here.  I am on this constant fitness roller coaster with lots of ups and downs, how about you? Right now I am slowly making my way up from a huge downhill.  Even though I want to loose weight and or gain some good muscle and toned arms, I am finding it hard to be motivated to eat right and exercise.

I want to know what motivates you? What gets you pumped to workout? What keeps you from eating those fatty, sugary foods?

Today on Facebook I saw this:



It made me laugh a whole lot, but I don't know if watching this when I am craving sugar will keep me from eating some.

I have a whole board on Pinterest dedicated to inspirational quotes or "motivating" pictures, but lately they just haven't been doing it for me.

Take this picture for instance: 

You know what I think when I see this? I want a snickers bar. I know that is horrible to think.  I should think Yes, junk food is a punishment to my body! I am so sorry, body!  I think my body is addicted to sugar and I need to cleanse it. But I am so scared!! The withdraw will be too much to take! Or so I think.

So what can I do to get out of this funk? Help! I would love ideas, suggestions, and anything you can offer.

*****************
On another note:

I have decided to start P90x again, but actually complete the whole 90 days.  I had started it in January but quit about 5 or 6 weeks in because I started training for my half marathon.  I really should have done both. I think I would have done so much better in that half marathon had I stuck with P90x. In those 5 weeks I did P90x I saw a lot of improvement. I was gaining some nice arm muscle.

So I "started" P90x last week, but only did the first 2 days of it.  I got my period and it was so painful I couldn't workout. And then I was "too sore" from the workouts I did do to do more. And then I was lazy.  But I decided to start again this week and really do it.  And I think it will stick this time because I have put it out there for the world to see.


I started a P90x workout journal to keep track of my workouts and my improvement.  I won't blog every day about my workouts but I will update from time to time about them.  I will, however, be taking pictures of myself every day after my workouts.  I am so tired of seeing people looking perfect after their workouts. It is so unrealistic.  I usually look tired and red in the face when I am done working out. Sometimes I am almost purple in my face after working out.

Here are my Day 1 and Day 2 post P90x workout pics:

Day 1

 Day 2

Gorgeous, right? Hahaha.  I know, with your help, I can get through the rest of the 90 days! Actually, I know in a few weeks I will enjoy working out again. Right now it is torture because I haven't really worked out like this in so long.  One thing I like about P90x is that I can alter the workout to my ability, and as I get stronger I can do more.  Love it!

-Kate

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kate! Love your honesty about everything. Food, exercise, motivation- we all struggle with it. Honestly I don't have any suggestions but just wanted to say I struggle with it all to. Some times I do so great, others I'm just lazy and like not doing anything. Such a vicious cycle. Good job on starting up on P90X again. Have you done Jillian Michaels before? I know for me I NEED diversity. It seriously drives me crazy doing the same thing. anywat If you wanted to try some of hers you can just youtube them and she has some on there for free. Like 30 day shred. Six week six pack and some yoga ones. Anyway keep at it :) good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kayla! I love Jillian Michaels! I did one of her workouts before but I will have to try them again.

      Delete