Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Half Marathon Training Week 2

Week 2 Day 1-Tuesday
On Tuesday I did a 12 minute fit test. You run 12 minutes as fast as you can. I ran 1.24 miles in 12 minutes. According to this 12 minute run calculator I scored a 38 which is an average rating. That sounds about right. I am an average runner. And I am fine with that.  The point of this test was for my app to see if it needed to tweak my training schedule. It is also good to mix things up and run fast from time to time.

Week 2 Day 2-Thursday
Thursday was a 1.6 mile 'easy run', meaning I should run at a slow pace. I ran it is 20 minutes averaging 12:23 min/mile.  It was a good run. I could have run longer. Maybe next time I have a short run planned and feel like I can run longer I will.

Week 2 Day 3-Saturday
Saturdays are my long run days. This run was supposed to be 5.3 miles. I was camping with my family at a nature preserve and planned to run along one of the trails. We went on a family hike on Friday and I used up a lot of my phone battery using Endomondo to track our hike.

On Saturday morning I woke up after a hard nights sleep but excited to run. My phone only had like 30% battery left. I just hoped that it would last through the run. We were given a map of the trails but I looked at it completely wrong and ended up running completely different trails than I first thought.

It was a beautiful morning with beautiful views. The trails were narrow. There was a mixture of wooded areas and open fields.  The bugs weren't out yet and the sun was hidden behind the clouds. It was perfect running weather. I saw several rabbits on my run. They were so cute!

I love running on trails. Running on trails is so fun. Every stretch of the trail is different. I ran around some rocky areas which was a nice challenge. There were small hills to conquer which was a nice change from the flat surface I usually run.

There was really bad cell phone reception where I was so I couldn't get Pandora to work. At first I was bugged that I wouldn't be able to listen to music. But it was actually nice to be out in nature and not have any music in my head.

My phone died when I had .6 miles left to go. I know for sure that I ran 5 miles but I don't know if I ran the last .3 mile. It is more likely that I ran .1 mile more. Even if I didn't make the whole 5.3 it was a great run.

I wasted up some of my battery to get these pics on my run.




No comments:

Post a Comment