Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Half Marathon Training Week 4 Day 1

Um, have I mentioned that I got fitted for new running shoes?? Well I did and I LOVE them! They are so light and comfortable and don't weigh me down. One day I will put a picture of them on here but I am too lazy right now to do it.

Today I had to run for 26 minutes with 5 strides. When I saw that on the training plan I had no idea what it meant. No worries, Endomondo had it covered! So I was supposed to run for 10 minutes at a 12:52 min/mile pace and then I would do 5 strides 20 seconds each fast (well, a 10:42 min/mile pace but I ran faster) and a minute in between each stride at the 12:52 min/mile for recovery.

This was an awesome run! When I left the house it was nice and cloudy. It was raining a little but it felt so good. I was listening to my jam and so ready to rock it. I felt really positive and I could feel that in my run.  I need that positive energy during my long runs.

What I need to work on is my stretching. I feel like the moment I step into the house from my runs I switch into mom gear and I don't get in good enough stretches because I am helping the kids with this or that or making breakfast.  So this week I will look up running stretches and try to get them in after my runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment