Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Half Marathon Training Week 3 Day 1

When my alarm went off this morning I hit the snooze button. I did not want to wake up. I did not want to go running. I just wanted to stay in my warm and super comfy bed. But I woke up, and I got up, and I eventually went out running.

I needed to run 4.1 miles today. And I decided to listen to an audio book during my longer runs. I am listening to 7 Habits for Highly Effective People. It was hard to get into the run, I think because I was feeling tired.  It was an "easy run" going for a 12:52 min/mile pace.

I ran it all. I guess there is something to be said in finishing something you were dreading to do.  I finished in 51:19. I burned 591 calories. What what!! That's a good way to start the day, even if I was grumbling to do the run.

My next run is short and I will do sprints after so I think it will go better.

No comments:

Post a Comment