Thursday, June 18, 2015

Half Marathon Training Week 4 Day 2

What a fantastic run! I didn't think it would go so well. I woke up this morning kicking myself in the pants for going to bed so late and for not setting my alarm. Well I didn't set my alarm on purpose. I knew I was going to bed late and I didn't want to wake up early. But when I woke up I thought oh no, it is late to be going for a run and it will be so hot and humid.

I got up at 7:45 and didn't get out running until a little after 8. The odds were ever in my favor this morning. It had rained a lot last night so it was cooler this morning than usual. The sun was hiding behind ominous clouds.

Today I decided to listen to some upbeat music to get me going. It is amazing how much of a difference music can make to your mood. With every song I felt more energized. I even danced a bit and that was probably a sight to see.

There were so many birds out. And the clouds were gorgeous. There were planes in the air from the airbase practicing their tricks. I was entertained on this run.

Looking back on my comments about a lot of my runs I realized that I wasn't being very positive. So when I started this run today I made sure to be positive and it helped so much. The run I had to do was 3.2 miles with a 12:52 min/mile pace. When I reached the end I felt like I could run longer. It was definitely an "easy" run and I had a smile on my face almost the whole time. Awesome run!

No comments:

Post a Comment