Thursday, June 20, 2013

Clean Eating Challenge

I have not been eating well. I want to eat well. I tell myself I am going to eat well. But then I want those Pepridge Farm Mint Milano cookies. Or I want Junior Mints. Or I want to make naughty homemade chocolate chip cookies. It is really hard to eat well these days, but I REALLY want to.

It is time to challenge myself. I think baby steps are in order to make a healthy change.  I am going to start myself off with a week long challenge. I am going to eat clean for one whole week, starting today. What does that mean? I am not going to eat processed foods. If it comes in a can or a package, it has to have less than 5 ingredients in it, and those ingredients can't be chemicals.  I will eat fruits and vegetables, I will drink only water and herbal tea. I will not have any dairy for the week.  I will eat whole grains and brown/wild rice and quinoa. I will eat beans. Eggs are ok.

I WILL NOT EAT: candy, chocolate, cheese, milk, chips, cookies, crackers (unless they are whole grain less than 5 ingredients with no chemicals), butter, sugary things.

I am putting this in a post so I will be held accountable.  I need to make a change! So from today to next Thursday I am clean eating. Who will join me in this challenge? I would love to have a friend in this.

This morning I made a green juice in my juicer: spinach, zucchini, celery, carrot, apple. It was NASTY! But it was healthy.  I am going to the store this morning to get some more fruits and veggies. I will log my meals so you can get an idea of some healthy but tasty clean eating meals.


No comments:

Post a Comment