Saturday, July 20, 2013

30 Day BodyRock Challenge

Have you ever heard of Bodyrock.tv?  Basically it was a site created by a married couple involving HIIT- High Intensity Interval Training.  Zuzana, the wife, did the tutorials and Freddy, the husband, was behind the camera and in charge of the site. Well long story short, over the last couple of years the site changed a lot. It is now Daily Hiit and it is run by Freddy and his current girlfriend.

A few years ago my sister in law was really into it.  She invited me to join her in the workouts. I really enjoyed them. I really loved the way my body was getting into shape with these workouts-they only took around 16 minutes to complete. But I had a love/hate relationship with Bodyrock. I hated the way the site sexualized everything. Who goes around working out in practically their underwear? The names of the workouts can be a little raunchy. It wasn't a very family friendly website.  Also over time they started using more equipment and I didn't want to pay to get equipment.  But I loved how motivated I was by Zuzana and her workouts. I'll admit that her tiny figure intimidated me. One thing I loved is that she made every workout possible. Zuzana showed modifications to the exercises. When I originally started Bodyrocking I had just had a baby and couldn't do very much. It was awesome to see myself improve and slowly be able to do more, to be less modified in my workouts.

My sister in law challenged me to go back to Bodyrock for 30 days (30 workout days, which will be 5 workouts a week).  I decided to take on that challenge. We have not done the workouts in a long time because they have changed so much. I don't like change. When I find something that works, like HIIT, I like to stick with it. I don't like it to be different than what I know. I decided to go through all the older workouts and find ones from when I was doing Bodyrock before. I found a lot of good workouts.

This is how the 30 day challenge will work. The challenge will start on Monday.  Below are links to 15 Bodyrock workouts. The first 15 days we will do the workouts in the order that they are listed, then repeat them again the next 15 days. Each day I will post my scores. I encourage you, if you choose to take on this challenge, to post your scores in the comment section as well. I am hoping to improve my scores the second time around. I will post a before and after update on my body for this challenge.

I want to apologize ahead of time for a)the names of the workouts. I did not create them. and b)if you do the workouts there is a half naked lady in the tutorials. Oh and c)yes I will be recreating some of the pictures in these workouts. I think it is important to show crazy fit vs normal. At this point in my life I consider myself normal size (not fat, not too fit, not crazy skinny).

Here is the thing about HIIT. Because the workouts are shorter, you HAVE to put maximum effort in. I know in the past I have not given my all in these Bodyrock workouts, so my goal this time around is to give 100%.

Here are the workouts:
Day 1/16 Smoking Hot Body Workout
Day 2/17 Sexy Fit Beast Workout
Day 3/18 Wow Booty Workout
Day 4/19 Sweat is Sexy Workout
Day 5/20 Gaga For Tight Booty Workout
Day 6/21 Boom Boom Workout
Day 7/22 Sexy Shape Shifter Workout
Day 8/23 Fit Tight Hot Workout
Day 9/24 Tight Jeans Booty Workout
Day 10/25 Brunette Beating Blonde Workout
Day 11/26 550 Rep Fat Massacre Workout
Day 12/27 Bubble Butt Workout
Day 13/28 Sexy and Jacked Workout
Day 14/29 Real Hot Workout
Day 15/30 Bang Bang Workout

Now you will sometimes need a stopwatch and/or interval timer. I use this stopwatch. And I use this interval timer. Sometimes they have you use a sandbag. I don't have a sandbag. You can do the exercises without the sandbag. My sister in law used to use a huge bag of rice. I also do not have that dip station thing. I use two chairs for that.  I will post more modifications if I come across them.


I am really excited for this challenge.  Now that I am taking a break from running I am ready to tone my body.  If you are ready to take on this challenge, let me know! I would love to motivate you in this endeavor.

-Kate, your not-too-fit guru






2 comments:

  1. OOH! I sure do love a good challenge. I've seen bodyrocktv here and there, and I've always been intrigued. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do the workout this week or possibly even the next... but I would love to try it sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome to join the challenge anytime :)

      Delete