Wednesday, July 31, 2013

BodyRock Challenge Day 7

Sorry I didn't get this post out yesterday.  I didn't get my workout in until 9pm. Eek! Procrastination is my worst enemy! I will tell you now that the next little while will be busy for me so I can't guarantee that I will post everyday, but I will try!

Didn't I say last week to never work out at night? Well I ended up waiting until the "last minute" to get my workout in. I told my husband "I don't want to work out, but I have to. So many people are depending on me!" I am so glad that I put my challenge on the blog, because I would have skipped so many workouts by now.  I know there are only a few of you out there doing this BodyRock challenge and that is fine. But just the fact that I have told the world that I am doing this challenge helps me to make sure I do every workout.

Yesterday was day 7 of this challenge.  I either didn't give nearly 100% on day 6 or I am getting stronger, because I didn't feel too sore from day 6's workout. Day 7 was another story.

BodyRock Challenge Day 7: Sexy Shape Shifter Workout

This was another time challenge. Time challenges are pretty brutal for me.  This workout was no exception.

You had to complete 4 rounds of 4 exercises.

1. Sandbag Squat Jump Up-20 reps.  I just used my bodyweight and it was still killer.

2. Reptile-20 reps. This was my favorite exercise of the 4. It worked my abs!

3. One Leg Squat Jump Up-20 reps on each leg. Whoops. I did 10 reps on each leg.. And it was still really hard! Towards the last round I was modifying this one.

4. Side Plank Lift Cross Over-15 reps on each side. Again, I did 10 on each side. And there was no way I could have done the cross over. Did you watch the tutorial?? It was crazy! I modified here and just did the Side Plank Lift.

If you want to get a good at-home workout in with just your body weight, try this workout! It killed me. By the end I could hardly walk, my leg muscles were done.

I used the online stopwatch to time myself.  I completed the workout in 23 minutes and 52 seconds.  I think I could have pushed harder, but I am proud of myself for completing this workout.  There were times when I wanted to do 10 Squat Jump Ups instead of 20, but I didn't quit. I did them all. And I was exhausted afterwards!

It is almost 8pm and I have yet to do day 8! I need to make a goal to get my lazy bum out of bed in the morning and do my workouts then!

-Kate, your not-too-fit guru

No comments:

Post a Comment