Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Bodyrock Challenge Day 3

Quick update on my no sweet week: Day 3 and going strong.  I REALLY wanted a mint oreo cookie yesterday. There are two things wrong with that. One is that I made this challenge to not eat sweets this week. The second is that I do not digest those delicious cookies very well anymore, and I decided months ago not to eat them anymore.  Well be proud, because I resisted the minty temptation. Sweets-0, Kate-3! Well so far, because this is only the beginning of day 3.

This is also day 3 of the Bodyrock Challenge. Here we go:

Wow Booty Workout

This workout was a little crazy! It had 3 parts:

Part 1- set your interval timer to 10 seconds on, 5 seconds 'rest' for 16 reps (a total of 4 minutes). During the 10 seconds you are doing high knees, as fast and high as you can. On the 5 seconds you drop to the floor and 'rest'. I say 'rest' because it isn't really resting. It takes a second to get to the floor and next thing you know you have to jump up off the floor and do high knees again.  It was really hard. And exhausting.

Part 2- this was a time challenge. It was a little tricky to get down the steps. In this part you did some squats and push ups. Using a sandbag was an option, but I just used my body weight. So this is how it goes: you squat down like you are going to pick up your imaginary sandbag and put in on your shoulder as you stand up. Then you spread your legs out and do a squat. You bring your feet back together and go down into a push up, then jump back up. That is one rep.

The time challenge was to see how fast you could do 30 reps. Even using no weight it took me 10 minutes and 10 seconds to complete.  My legs were just tired from Part 1 of this workouts, and still sore from Monday and Tuesday's workout. I did modified push ups.  I think it only took Zuzana 2 and a half minutes to complete. I have so far to go to be where I want to be fit wise.

Part 3- Part 3 is just a repeat of part 1. So set that interval timer again and do the torturous high knees all over again. By the end of that I wasn't able to go down to the floor and back up again. I modified and went down to my knees. I was sweating so much!

I probably could have pushed a little more towards the end but overall I think I worked hard.  At least I did it, right? I wonder how my body will feel the rest of the day? We will just have to see.

Have you worked out yet today? If so, what did you do? I would love to know how everyone is doing in their own exercise journey, even if you are not doing my Bodyrock challenge. Let's motivate each other!

-Kate, your not-too-fit guru

8 comments:

  1. Good luck on your health program. The first part is usually hardest!

    I'm on day 54 of the Insanity workout/meals. Killer! But I can see improvement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I have heard a lot of good things about Insanity. My sister-in-law just started the program. I will have to try it out sometime.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a challenging workout.

    We are on vacation and played tennis and walked almost 10 miles. I am so tired but it's a good tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 10 miles, that is incredible! You go girl! Sounds like an active vacation.

      Delete
  3. I was going to go to the gym this morning but with a feverish baby with a temp of 103 degrees there was no way I was going to make that visit. That's ok, tomorrow is another day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how that is. That is one reason I stick to at home workouts, because I don't think I would ever make it to the gym.

      Delete
  4. That sounds like such a fun challenge! And congrats on showing that oreo who's boss! I went to zumba this morning and had a blast. I knew I had to get just one more workout in before being on exercise restriction for the next couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zumba is such a fun workout! I recently tried out Zumba and liked it more than I thought I would. It is good that you were able to get it in before your bed rest!

      Delete