Monday, July 22, 2013

Bodyrock Challenge Day 1

I wish that I could say that I started this challenge bright and early this morning, but that is not the case. I didn't get my lazy butt going until 9:30 this morning.  My body is still a little sore from the 1000 workout I did on Friday. That workout kicked my butt and I walked around like a cripple all weekend.

The workout for today is Smoking Hot Body Workout. This workout involved completing a certain number of reps (a lot of the time it is interval training).  There were 6 exercises:
Prisoner Jump Lunge -50 reps
One Leg Push Up -25 reps each leg
Mini Squats (with or without sandbag) -50 reps
Reptile on the Run -50 reps
Get Up (with or without sandbag) -25 reps on each side
One Arm Press Up -25 reps on each arm

I did a 3 minute warm up and then started the stopwatch and the workout.

One thing I like about Bodyrock is that you can modify to your fitness level. The site also shows you how to do the exercises. I worked out with my husband. He is more fit than me and can do more than I can.

We did all 50 prisoner jump lunges.

I modified the one leg push up and did them on my knees.  We did the mini squats without the sandbag.

We don't have a sandbag and it isn't necessary to use one in the workouts.   We have some dumbbells but that's it. If a workout involves expensive equipment than it isn't worth doing.

Reptile on the Run was really hard.  I did all 50 but it took a lot of motivation from my husband for me to finish.

We did the Get Up without the sandbag. That one hurt my husband's knee so he only did like 5. I did 20 and decided that was enough for me today.

I modified the One Arm Press Up and did that on my knees. I only did 25.

It took me 33 minutes and 19 seconds to do the workout.  I feel pretty good about the workout, even though I did not do all the reps. I still got worked.  Those one leg push ups were killer! I know I will be sore tomorrow.

Did anyone else do the workout today? If so, let me know how you did!

-Kate, your not-too-fit guru

2 comments:

  1. I ran at the park while my 1 1/2 year old played. The goal was to make it to 15 minutes but I only made it to 12. Still a good effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 12 minutes is better than nothin'! That's great. I should try doing that when my kids are playing at the park.

      Delete