Friday, July 26, 2013

BodyRock Challenge Day 4

Yesterday was a really busy day for me, so I wasn't able to get this post out.  I didn't get to my workout until after I put the kids to bed. I do not like working out at night, and I don't plan on doing it again. By the time night comes my body is tired. I don't want to do a workout, I just want to relax. So it was a bummer to take time from relaxing to workout.

I did not like this workout at all. Maybe it is because I was tired when I did it. It was really hard. And not a good hard, not a "yeah I am getting so fit" hard. It was a "oh man this is awful" hard. I am not even sure if I was doing every exercise correctly, it was kind of confusing. Here is the workout:

BodyRock Challenge Day 4: Sweat is Sexy Workout

This was a 400 rep time challenge.  Well, actually, Zuzana gave you a choice of 200 or 400 reps. Because I was tired, and because I hated the workout, I chose to do 200 reps. It was killer. I used the handy dandy stopwatch to keep track of my time.

There were 5 exercises. Each exercise is 20 reps and you go through all 5 exercises 2 to 4 times. I went through them twice.

1. One leg jump up- 10 reps on each leg
2. Sandbag Full Body Exercise (I used a 15 pound dumbbell)
3. Crossed Leg Push Up and Jump
4. Snowboarder
5. One Leg Bridge and Star Crunch

The sandbag full body exercise was the hardest to figure out. Even after watching the tutorial a few times I was still unsure if I was doing it correctly.  I modified the crossed leg push up and did the push ups on my knees.

I didn't give this workout 100% but I did work hard.  I was sweating at the end of it. It took me 27 minutes and 30 seconds to complete 200 reps.  Man it was hard!

I always warm up before my workouts and stretch after. For the warm up I usually turn on some fun music and dance around to get my heart rate up.  I just found my new favorite Pandora station. Icona Pop radio. It is awesome!  When I am done with my workouts I do some yoga stretches.

I did really good with day 4 of my no sweet week. No cookies for me! Though I was tempted. This week has been good for me, though. I think I will be able to make better dessert choices after this.

Have you been working out? Let me know!

-Kate, your not-too-fit guru


2 comments:

  1. This workout kicked my butt! love Mer

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my favorite ways to warm up for a workout... just dancing! Or sometimes when my son wants to play with me and I want to work out, and we just dance around to get moving.

    ReplyDelete