Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Bodyrock Challenge Day 2

To start off, I am on Day 2 of my week challenge of not eating sweets. Yesterday I did good. I really wanted a cookie but I didn't eat one. I really wanted to make naughty treats and I didn't. So I am proud of myself for going one day without sweets.

I am feeling pretty good. My muscles are still sore but that's a good thing.  I am still having a hard time getting going in the morning, but I was able to start my workout at 8:15. That is a whole lot better than not getting going until 9:30. I did a 3 minute warm up and then the workout.

Day 2 of the Bodyrock challenge: Sexy Fit Beast Workout

So you do 15 rounds of the following:

30 Side Jump Lunges

3 Walking Planks

3 Push Up and Forward Jumps

This was a time challenge. So you were supposed to do it as fast as you could. Well as fast as I can means I take some breaks in between each round, ha ha. I used an online stopwatch to keep my time.  It took me 19:28 minutes to complete the workout.

Man it was killer! My legs were sore from yesterday so it hurt to do the side jump lunges.  By the end of the 3rd round I wondered how I was going to be able to do 15 rounds but I just kept going. Thinking positively really helped me stay on track.

In general I don't sweat very much. When I lived in Utah I just got really red in the face when I worked out. I don't know if I wasn't getting enough air, or because it was dry, or what.  Well I will tell you that today I sweat. Like a whole lot. Sweat was dripping down my face. It. Was. Awesome! I really felt like I had a good workout because I was sweating so much.

Day 2 of my Bodyrock challenge was a success! Have you worked out yet today?

-Kate, your not-too-fit guru

2 comments:

  1. Way too go Kate! I've been working out this week (it being Tuesday... so yesterday and today) with Coy, and it is sweet! I hardly worked out and I am sore. :) Yay for making progress... in starting!! We ran today, and he takes long strides, it's awesome. It pushed me. :) Thanks for your post and so proud of you! MARATHON RUNNER!! yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for working out! I know for me I feel a whole lot better when I work out, but actually getting myself to do the workout is the hard part. That's awesome that you have a workout partner!

      Delete